Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

30,000 hits. Journey to the Center of the Earth: OIL LOG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/10/AR2009091001637.html?hpid=topnews

Last edited by Henry on Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Henry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take back every bad thing I said about George Bush.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/07/AR2010010704255.html

Quote:

Rising gas prices could be a drag on economic recovery

By Frank Ahrens and Mike Musgrove
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, January 8, 2010
Just what Americans need as they try to dig out from the Great Recession: gas prices headed back toward $3 per gallon.

The average price of a gallon of regular gasoline hit $2.70 on Thursday, according to the auto club AAA. That's up 67 percent from this time last year, and it's the highest price since October 2008 -- a fact not lost on drivers. etc.

Close Quote
Henry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/01/AR2010020103526.html

$19.3 billion profit is a 57% drop for Exxon Mobil

Exxon Mobil's mixed news Monday included a fourth-quarter profit of $6.1 billion, its best of the year but down 23 percent from 2008. (J. Scott Applewhite/associated Press)

By Steven Mufson
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Exxon Mobil posted a $19.3 billion profit in 2009, an imposing figure in corporate America but down 57 percent from the all-time record the company set during the previous year's roller coaster in prices.

The profit report on Monday coincided with the release of President Obama's fiscal 2011 budget proposal, which would rescind tax breaks for the oil and gas industry worth $36.5 billion over 10 years.

etc...

Well, if this -57% doesn't speak volumes about what happened to us during the past few years than I don't know what else will.

The mess that was inherited, the utter destruction of our economy that is only slowly being repaired or patched didn't just begin 14 months ago.

You don't spend or pour 1.5 billion a week down the drain, for years, without breaking something.
Henry

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, am at it again. How is it that with all that oil spurting up from the center of the earth and onto the beaches, and into the everywhere we do not hear the following that we heard all the time for 8 years:

1. due to the refinery capacity, shutdown etc. the price of gas is going up.

2. due to the last 5 months of office of the previous crook (2 yrs ago) the cost of a gallon went to over four dollars and that is the beginning of when the nit hit the fan...our credit cards and budgets were over the top.

3. drill baby drill.

4. Rolling Eyes

5. i always said those reasons for gas price increases were phony, crooked and no one should believe them even though many here did

6. none of this made me any richer

7. too bad for that Very Happy
Henry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed that 20,000 hits occurred on this now infrequent, yet still standing thread. Perhaps I am missing my calling. Will keep you posted.

However, WhyOnEarth did I begin this thread? Why???

Simple answer. It was my observation that during the years prior to this thread (as exist now, as well) there was a constant, repetitive, misrepresentation relative to the price of oil...eventually topping $4.50 at some pumps. And...this cost per gallon, when filling a 17-20 gallon tank..put folks over their credit limit. This was the straw that broke the backs of many people and made the choice of food, fuel, clothing, mortgage payments a critical decision that was severe, life changing and painful.

I thought that an ongoing thread, of primary source reference regarding the cost of oil, a thread extending over many years might offer the less doctrinaire and the most extreme doctrinaire a baseline of information that might lead them to the realization they or should I say, we, were duped, mislead, lied to and robbed blind. Robbed blind by those we had placed our trust in and by those we did not trust; working, I assert, in concert.

During the course of the past few years it is interesting to note that while this thread has 20,000 hits it has NOT ONE response that is either critical, or in agreement or simply an observation.

But numbers do not lie. You have been looking, thinking and hopefully reflecting upon the information presented.

And...I leave you at this moment with the thought...years ago a hurricane, or an out of line refinery or a whatever was reason sufficient to raise the price of oil...while...the BP blowout in the Gulf did not affect the cost of gas at the pump one single bit.

AND, today, if you read the Wall Street Journal, amongst other credible sources, we find that both XX AND ZZZZZZZZZ knew, in advance of the well blowout and soiling of the Gulf and the death of the 11 workers, that the concrete used in fabricating this very deep undersea well head was flawed, inadequate and corrupted.

And this time there are no kind words from some YYYYY WWWWW allowing for the free market to seek its level, or shilling for the economic rape of the American people. A thankful quiet exists, allowing us to make our own choice about what happened and why.
Henry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Is that so? I'm 3 hours from the Oklahoma border and, following a nice tune up, considering a drive. A nice forty dollar a night motel? Not my recent experience. Am paying about $3.78 for premium gas in an adjacent state. Of course, just about everyone else in this nation is also paying this amount. Two dollars a gallon less means that 'Alice in Wonderland' should be titled, 'Alice in Oklahomaland.'

Gas in Oklahoma is usually less than in adjacent states. However, not like this. Arrow Arrow Arrow The arrow points to Oklahoma Rolling Eyes The eye roll indicates skepticism.
Henry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geography lesson 101:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/small-ships-big-threat/2012/07/26/gJQAq0ofCX_graphic.html?hpid=z1

One thing to remember…a speed boat is not a blue water naval vessel.

goodness… almost 30,000 hits on this thread…it is a running history of contemporary oil costs.

but almost no one responds…very strange
Henry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years and years and years later…the price of oil today is about $88.70. The price of gas at the pump is higher than it was years ago…when the barrel price was similar to today's cost.

The point of this post … that has seen over 32,000 hits and virtually no one by myself comments or adds to it …is to document via newspaper articles and almost no opinion from me. I can say that I have learned very little. This experience is like treading water during a hurricane. However one views that is beyond my ability to understand.
Henry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"ONLY THE FACTS, MAAM" attributed to Jack Webb in the role of "Joe Friday" (and if you can recall this…you're on Medicare)

April 22, 2013

The price of a bbl of Light Sweet Crude is $88.70

How much is the cost of a gallon of petrol at your local punp?
How much is a gallon of home heating oil?

Compare the cost of a barrel of Crude Oil and the retail price of its refined product today…with costs posted at the beginning of this thread.

Future / Expiration USD / Unit Today's Chg
Light Sweet Crude May13 88.70 USD/Bbl. 0.78
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: