Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time for a ZHP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dathaeus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Time for a ZHP Reply with quote

Sadly my E36 has problems where the repair bill will far outweigh the value. I love my 328i but I think its time for a replacement.

I have been shopping around basically for an E46 with a manual transmission, and preferably a sports package, or an M3 (which I know is probably more expensive and harder driven). I am not totally averted to a 5 series but not likely.

My current car's value will probably be about $2k, maybe less if deducted for the problems it may have. I want to keep my initial bill for a new purchase at 10k or lower.

I am just asking for some advice on the best way to approach this. My current knowledge/have dones:

- Checked out every online seller (eBay, autotrade, cars, kbb, etc.,etc...) and found some possibilities, but a lot of them are kinda far from me (like 60+ miles) and a lot of them dont have any return policy no matter what
- I would prefer a place with trade ins, make the whole thing easy
- I do not have a mechanic that will come with me to check out the car and cant afford to hire a stranger, let alone I may not even want the car I see with him
- Someone suggested getting a car broker to search for me?
- What models of E46 are the best? I know this 328i w/sports package has been a dream so far for over a decade... I do like speed, so I probably will never be getting a 325 convertible if you know what I mean
- Dont care if sedan or coupe, but still leaning towards sedan

I found one I am really leaning towards:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=33418&endYear=2009&keywords=zhp&modelCode1=3_SERIES&showcaseOwnerId=564241&startYear=2002&makeCode1=BMW&listingType=used&keywordsfyc=zhp&transmissionCode=MAN&searchRadius=300&listingId=330404353&Log=0

And here is their carfax:

http://minus.com/mom5yEQUoZAq0

And this was his last response:

"I attached the carfax report. I have been driving this one myself for a few weeks and just love it. We fully serviced this car ourselves with fully synthetic oil, factory original belts and tensioners, oil filter, cabin air filter, headlight lenses, intake manifold runner, also known as adjuster unit, brake pads, rotors, and pad sensors, the cowl panel, Bosch wiper blade set, clutch kit, control arm bushings set, rear differential bushing, door lock cylinder, and a few more cosmetic things. This one will last you a long time. I promise you, this car will make you happy."

Words from the seller for the ZHP (details again below). I took a look at the carfax but it really didn say much, or I dont know how to look at it. I am guessing I will still need a PPI? I have no experience with this so any "professional" opinion would be appreciated, i.e., something smells fishy or sounds good so far?

Thanks!!!
Front: 17" (225)
Rear: 17" (245)

Answerway.com

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
Dathaeus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also what it seems like from the carfax is, Canadian... seems like it is actually an M-sport, NOT a ZHP, agreed?
If so, is this an M-sport I or II? And I thought even the M sport II doesnt have a 6800 redline nor does it have the HP bump... so at best this is a 330i with a slightly stiffer suspension and some fake trimmings? Seems like there is some more negotiation to do, although now I have been researching the ZHP, I feel like thats what I really want, unless this also has 225 HP.
Front: 17" (225)
Rear: 17" (245)

Answerway.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: