Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

And Hello again! An Update from JRS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: And Hello again! An Update from JRS Reply with quote

Glad to see this forum still up and running. Apologies if I haven't visited until now.

Yes, I still have the '87 E30 325 and the '89 E30 M3. No major upgrades performed. E30 325 is now a daily driver for my Freshman College son. Driven to and from school logging in at least 50 miles a day (easily). A/C wasn't working for almost 8 years and I had it fixed before this summer. Also had it converted.

E30 M3 desperately needs new tires but I just can't seem to push myself to buy them for a car that I hardly drive (Yes, you read that right). It's value has gone up and I've heard the BMW has noted it as a "Collectors car".

Clutch slave cylinder went out (again). It's fixed and running again.

I work from home but my daily driver is a 2010 JCW Mini Cooper. Fun car. Quick and nimble. But the best car I've owned so far is the '87 E30 325.

So, here's my question and I did do a search for "E30 Bumper Tuck" on the forum but it gave me tons of results... I need to find that link here that shows how to do the E30 Bumper tuck. My son wants to bumper tuck the E30.

Thanks!
JRS

Is your cup half full or half empty ?
Cephas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Been a long time (for me too).

The easiest way to do this is to drill the bumper shocks out and drain the oil. The safest way would be to take the shocks off the car and compress them on a bench once they are drilled. Most people will drill them while they are still on the car.

The non-safe(ish) way would be to drill the shocks out and then slowly drive them in by putting the car up against a wall and driving into it.
"The Dirty E30"

My Dream - Bought April 2012
1989 325iS 103K Miles
BBS RX
H&R Cup Kit
Original Schwarz
killerbeem

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did your son get d enough to drive?????

Search my posts, I think I posted it back when we worked together
1984 325e - Rachel (Sold)
BMWCCA Member
Find me on Twitter: @mkilpatric
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
82kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long-time (former) E30 owner here, too! Had a Delphin grey 1986 BMW 325es. This car, and forum, has a special place in my heart.

I will love to have one again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: