Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drivers side window regulator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
killerbeem

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Drivers side window regulator Reply with quote

I put a new one on a few weeks ago, and after about 5 ups and downs, the window started going off track again.

I have a question, how loose should the fulcrum be where the two arms meet that control the window? The new one is a bit loose, I can grab the window and shift it up and down about two inches to "straighten" the alignment out. I am thinking my cheap ebay buy was just that. Cheap.

The door itself, I am still considering replacing altogether, it's the main "ugly" on my e36, with the big dent from the garage door accident (I rolled backward out of the garage and got the door caught, bending it about 10 degrees forward, thought I had the e-brake on, whoops); and then dents from the previous owner, now the window not playing well with me... I am searching high and low for a replacement door, next stop junk yards. I may just give in and start shopping for an e46. Or another e30...

Ugh, I'm flustered.
1984 325e - Rachel (Sold)
BMWCCA Member
Find me on Twitter: @mkilpatric
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
PJK

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Drivers side window regulator Reply with quote

It has been a while since I did my passenger side regulator but what you describe doesn't sound right. I suggest that you remove the door panel on the other side and compare. If your new regulator has more slop I recommend that you cut you loss and get one from Pelican. Pelican is way less expensive than the dealer and they sell the regulator without the motor.

Phil

killerbeem wrote:
I put a new one on a few weeks ago, and after about 5 ups and downs, the window started going off track again.

I have a question, how loose should the fulcrum be where the two arms meet that control the window? The new one is a bit loose, I can grab the window and shift it up and down about two inches to "straighten" the alignment out. I am thinking my cheap ebay buy was just that. Cheap.

The door itself, I am still considering replacing altogether, it's the main "ugly" on my e36, with the big dent from the garage door accident (I rolled backward out of the garage and got the door caught, bending it about 10 degrees forward, thought I had the e-brake on, whoops); and then dents from the previous owner, now the window not playing well with me... I am searching high and low for a replacement door, next stop junk yards. I may just give in and start shopping for an e46. Or another e30...

Ugh, I'm flustered.
killerbeem

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaaaand, you are completely correct. I am going to bite the bullet on this one and go to my good buddies at Pelican (again) for the part I need.

Next problem? I bought the wrong hose for my A/C system. Bought what I thought was the compressor to condenser hose for my 1994 318i, turns out its the condenser to evaporator hose. Yahoooooo.

So, in trying to find the hose I need, I have learned to return it, I will spend near as much as I bought it for, so it's going up for sale for $40 bucks on ebay, or on here if anyone wants a brand new hose; and I'm trying to find the RIGHT A/C hose for less. All I have found online so far has been between $125 and $150. Not really wanting to spend that much money at this point. ugh.

I'm such a cheap a$$.
BMWCCA Member
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
killerbeem

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put a near new (right out of the junkyard) actuator on this weekend, and look, my window works! Yes!

Now to try to get my money back from my ebay bid. ugh.
BMWCCA Member
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: