Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

water leak? need help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmwplaya

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: water leak? need help Reply with quote

every time there is a rain storm my car a 2000 323i, some water tends to appears on the floor board behind the passenger side and driver side and there is also water on the floor board of the passenger seat
can anyone help me identify where the possible place for where the water is coming from is?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

edjack

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two possibilities:

1. The sunroof is overflowing, due to clogged drains in the pan. Carefully prod them for clogs. There is one in each corner.

2. If you've had any work done on the doors, it's possible that the clown who did the work ripped out the plastic shields, and discarded them. You'll need some tough plastic sheet stock to replace them.

Ed BMW CCA member since 1987 (Nr. 62319).
'97 540i 6 speed Aspensilber over Aubergine interior.
bmwplaya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are tough plastic sheet stock edjack if you can can you send me a picture of them thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
druggrepp

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: sunroof drain Reply with quote

the sunroof train has 4 holes, 1 ea corner. the plastic drain tubes slide off and water runs down the headliner, down the pillars off the dash and to the floor.
the front tubes have a z shaped hose so you cant clean from top.
If you a a diy guy, take visors off, take neg batt cable off, torx screws hold pillar trim, take off, pop off pillar, pull corner of headliner down, find hose, use silicone on tray part of drain tube, push hose back on and greytape hose to drain. this will hold hose on till glue dries. Then push up stiff speaker wire from bottom of drain hole behind front wheel.
You should be good to go.
Whitdog

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just fixed my leaking problem last night. I was getting water in the drivers floorboard after every rain. Long story short....The drain hose on the A Pillar had somehow come undone. I dropped the corner of the headliner above the driver's seat and could see the hose unhooked from the drain hose (not the drain pan). I used some automotive adhesive/sealant and put it back on. It seems to have done the trick. I am not sure what made it come loose, but it did. Dropping the corner of the headliner as fast and painless. Had the whole job done in less than an hour.

Whitdog
84 e30 (gone)
94 e36 (gone)
04 e46
07 X3
73 Triumph TR6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: