Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BMW 39 Amplifier installation help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 5 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
InoiTroriak

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: BMW 39 Amplifier installation help Reply with quote

Hi guys

Yet another post from old me,,
Anyone can help me provide me with some help for installion Amplifier in my car, I got the Buisness Radio with Casette and CD Changer in the boot, NO Factory amplifier installed no wires left side so is bad but I am not sure all I need to know is if I can mess anything up for the stearing wheel controls if integrating it like all other normal radios that doesnt have the AUX output pre-installed ?
I found this for it else I got all necessary wires, amplifier, fuseboxes HIGH Quality
http://www.thansen.dk/product.asp?c=3345923936&n=1200267213&pn=1742872132

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
idanity

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im guessing, so don't quote me (unless im right) Smile

your stereo is a digital setup from the factory, and no matter what you do, this connection will be very difficult unless you

- replace the head unit
- replace the wires (usually just ensure they are redirected ...just to power, and speakers, not through any BMW componants)

its not easy, but i helped my friend setup his m5 with an after market amplifier, and the only way we could get it to work was by (literally) re-wiring everything.

a few notes.
wires don't necessarily need to be really big/ thick...i would suggest getting (by the foot) wires from benchmark
14350 Northeast 21st Street
Bellevue, WA 98007-3762
(425) 614-4100

talk to them about the wires they use, ( its not proprietary but its close) and you should be able wrap this job up for pennies on the dollar)

i don't think they will sell it online, but they literally gave me about 15 feet of it when i asked about it at one of their BBQ's...and they only do high end cars. i mean i've never NOT seen an exotic car there...people will buy a brand new Lamborghini and have a new stereo installed by them.... and yes, i live within a few miles of a lamborghini dealership/ rolls royce, ferarri, you name it.we got it. sure makes driving to a local market fun....
InoiTroriak

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Sorry late reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.
And sorry I reply late myself I forgot to change my profile info since I also changed my mail adress so didnt see the reply hehe

I was kind of prepared for this damn hahaha..
Typically BMW lol...

Anyway I will try look the dealers what is available, I also saw the unit for BMW with build in GPS DVD Player it will fit right into the slot.. And I want something with a big bad screen ....

Thanks man I trul appriciate the reply..
Good to see some is still alive here...
Dont let this Forum die...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 5 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: