Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

525i Driver's Seat Motor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 5 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camina

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: 525i Driver's Seat Motor Reply with quote

I have a 1990 525i and the motor in my driver's side seat is not working right. Only one side of the backrest is adjusting. The left side backrest works but the right side doesn't. Is there a quick fix for this or do I need to replace the whole seat ?

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
idanity

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends on your definition of quick.

the e30 sport seats usually have broken tabs, that are a pita bc they have to be re-welded...

if all you have is a burned out motor, it should be fairly straight forward...and also depends on if your seat can be removed (usually just 4 bolts and some elect. plugs...but with motors, i don't know if you can actually reach the bolts with normal tools.

best practice is to go to a junk yard "pull your own part" and practice on them...if you wreck em, no-one cares..a good learning place...

bring old shoes, jeans, long sleeve shirt, and at least latex or nitrile gloves..they are black, and sorta like these... this link...they cost about 2 dollars, (no more) and last weeks..i also use em to fill up the gas, check oil, etc... i buy a few pairs at a time, adn always have a set...(they can last months too)
edjack

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you searched this site? The cable pulls out of the motor. Not a terribly difficult fix, as I have read.

Ed BMW CCA member since 1987 (Nr. 62319).
'97 540i 6 speed Aspensilber over Aubergine interior.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 5 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: