Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clock and date remain on /on onboard computer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJ

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Clock and date remain on /on onboard computer Reply with quote

1997 328i. I just noticed that the date and or clock stays on all the time except when the car goes off. Usually when you press date or time it comes on and would go off. But now it just stays on. The onboard computer works fine otherwise ( check control etc) any ideas on why this is happening. I guess eventually the bulbs will burn out.
PJK

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Clock and date remain on /on onboard computer Reply with quote

Pull fuses 23 and 45 in the front power distribution box. If the lights go out look for a problem in the ignition switch. If the lights stay on the problem is probably in the on board computer.

Phil

MJ wrote:
1997 328i. I just noticed that the date and or clock stays on all the time except when the car goes off. Usually when you press date or time it comes on and would go off. But now it just stays on. The onboard computer works fine otherwise ( check control etc) any ideas on why this is happening. I guess eventually the bulbs will burn out.
walshja

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My clock is on all the time, I could change it to the date, but it is always on.

1994 325iC, 195k miles
http://home.comcast.net/~walshja/index.html <--- check it out

mmaldin

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My clock is on all of the time when my key is turned on too. Turns off when the key is out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: