Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mechanic looking for clients and students

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg Mierz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Mechanic looking for clients and students Reply with quote

Do you need some repair or maintenance work done but don’t have the time to do it yourself? Are the dealer and independents rates still more than you’d like to pay? Would you like to learn to do some of your car’s repairs yourself but a little unsure of your skills to do it. I have a solution for you. Gmtechnic is the name of the mechanical services that I offer. I’ve been wrenching on my BMW’s for decades and now that I’ve lost my old job and become semi-retired I do mechanical work to put food on the table. There are limits to what I can take on, ie some of the newer models that require tons of diagnostic equipment that I don’t have but if it brakes, cooling or such I may take it on. E30’s and older are my specialties. I’ve kept my hot rod 2002ti going for 30 years with its many mods and built my 325is from a want to be PRO 3 car. I’ve worked on several PRO 3 car builds for local BMW club friends. I would best describe my work as advanced shade tree DIY work with an anal attitude to do it right. I placed a posting months ago that some may remember. If this interests you drop me an email at gmtechnic@comcast.net to discuss them. I’ve been a Puget Sound BMW club member for over 30 years and can provide some references if you need them. Drop me a line and let’s discuss what you need.

Greg Mierz
GMTechnic BMW mechanical services
1969 2002ti owned since 1974
1986 325is my current daily drive

GMTechnic BMW mechanical services at rates that beat the shops
PJK

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Mechanic looking for clients and students Reply with quote

Hi Greg,

I wish you luck in this. I am also feeling the pain of being semi-retired in this economy. If we were in the same area I would have you help me with all my coolant hoses. I understand that there are 11 of them. Most can't be seen without removing the intake manifold. I also have a bad knock sensor under the manifold.

I hesitate to take my car (the e36) apart to that level for fear that I may be called to work out of town mid project. I can't afford to turn down work.

I am now getting my old Mustang to the point where I can take it should I get the call with my BMW in peices.

Phil

Greg Mierz wrote:
Do you need some repair or maintenance work done but don’t have the time to do it yourself? Are the dealer and independents rates still more than you’d like to pay? Would you like to learn to do some of your car’s repairs yourself but a little unsure of your skills to do it. I have a solution for you. Gmtechnic is the name of the mechanical services that I offer. I’ve been wrenching on my BMW’s for decades and now that I’ve lost my old job and become semi-retired I do mechanical work to put food on the table. There are limits to what I can take on, ie some of the newer models that require tons of diagnostic equipment that I don’t have but if it brakes, cooling or such I may take it on. E30’s and older are my specialties. I’ve kept my hot rod 2002ti going for 30 years with its many mods and built my 325is from a want to be PRO 3 car. I’ve worked on several PRO 3 car builds for local BMW club friends. I would best describe my work as advanced shade tree DIY work with an anal attitude to do it right. I placed a posting months ago that some may remember. If this interests you drop me an email at gmtechnic@comcast.net to discuss them. I’ve been a Puget Sound BMW club member for over 30 years and can provide some references if you need them. Drop me a line and let’s discuss what you need.

Greg Mierz
GMTechnic BMW mechanical services
Henry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too bad you live elsewhere
dale

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg has helped me out many times with my E30 projects when I haven't had time to do the work myself. He's a great resource for getting your BMW repaired for less money.

Dale
sold in 2016
87 325 5spd eta
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: