Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

525i blows steam/overheats at hose & cap never hot ????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 5 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
texasbeamerboy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: 525i blows steam/overheats at hose & cap never hot ???? Reply with quote

My 525i top radiator hose that connects to the top front of engine is seeping out a little coolant and alot of hot steam on the radiator connection side only -I get in and drive for 10 minutes then the temp guage is burried in red , i pull over and pop the hood and the radiator cap is never hot but the top hose and connection u cant touch or get burned with the afor mentioned leaks- when i open the cap Im about only a quart or so low on coolant yet my guage is in the red ? The hose is soft and not terribley hot but never has any pressure- is there a thermostat to remove or replace and can i do it myself or is there another way to fix this ??pleeeeeeeez help someone , I will send $$$ compensation later after this is resolved....thanks-
525i e-39 5speed 107k hwy I hear metal like swooshing sound from front lower of engine sound just started with no previous warning. Its loud when I start it then gets quiet but still there -drives fine what could it be...Im online now !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
edjack

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a cooling system pressure leakdown test done. You may have a leaking head gasket. DO NOT drive the car until you have resolved this! You can damage the engine.

Ed BMW CCA member since 1987 (Nr. 62319).
'97 540i 6 speed Aspensilber over Aubergine interior.
walshja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say you may have air in your cooling system, but if you have been to the dealer I would think they would have properly bled your system.

If you are looking to try something yourself, make sure your system is properly bled, using the bleeder screw and filling through the expansion tank.

but don't be driving the car with it over heating, you will cause expensive damage if you continue to do so.

1994 325iC, 195k miles
http://home.comcast.net/~walshja/index.html <--- check it out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 5 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: