Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTB odds and ends AND non-US gauges for 1991 325i E-30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Parts for sale

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gr8acclaim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: WTB odds and ends AND non-US gauges for 1991 325i E-30 Reply with quote

I've been searching around online looking at various parts for my 1991 325i. One thing I find to be very cool is the gauges in the foreign cars. If anyone on the board has a non-US cluster they could part with for a reasonable amount that would be swell. I don't even care if it works -- matter of fact, if it doesn't, that should be cheaper (and therefore better), theoretically. All I am really interested in is the gauges themselves, and I can disassemble things all the way down and just swap the gauge faces if nothing else.

Several different fuel gauges appeared among the various clusters I saw. Some later model gauges showed like an american gauge, but instead of the F for full, there was 1/1 or something like that -- not interested in those. Other, earlier units, showed the level in liters with numbers on the face, which is what I'm looking for. I've seen those with a 55L and a 60L full mark, and I don't care which I get. I captured part of the pics off an eBay auction, and here's what the fuel gauge and temp gauge looked like:

These are pretty much what I'm looking for, or something close to this. This was the ONLY temp gauge I've seen with numbers on it, so I'm not getting my hopes up for one of those, but still.

I've also come across several types of gauge face overlays and stuff, but nothing that really appealed to me. Anyway, if anyone has anything remotely like this I'd be delighted to hear from you one way or other to maybe work out a deal of some sort.

Also I need the following items:

1) One red side marker light in good shape.

2) The little caps that fit over the nuts that attach the wiper arms to the shafts that poke out of the body at the base of the window.

3) Anything that you could possibly need for the tool kit. I have NOTHING at all in mine except that screw in tow hook, which I found hiding under a front seat.

4) Could use both side grilles and their attachment clips, if they're in good shape. My center grille was broken and I replaced it, but didn't realize that the side grilles were also broken in a couple areas until I removed the center piece. Of course they also look rather blah compared to the super new shiny center piece too.

Last edited by gr8acclaim on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total

gr8acclaim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, did NOT mean to make such big pics...

I'll practice a little with that and I promise to do better next time! Smile
gr8acclaim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really bumping up my own post here...

I needed a pair of control arms, and on eBay there was a pair on sale that included the control arm bushings. I had planned to use the newer E36 M3 solid bushings, so I didn't NEED those, but it was cheaper that way. Then when they showed up today, and I opened the boxes, inside the bags sealed around each of the control arms was ANOTHER stock E30 bushing!

So... I now have 2 pairs of E-30 control arm bushings that I can trade for other stuff I need!

Anyone need a set?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Parts for sale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: