Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can a problem w/brake lt. circuit cause other elec. problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
senatorbg

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Can a problem w/brake lt. circuit cause other elec. problems Reply with quote

I could use some experienced help with this issue please.
On my 99 323is for the past few years I randomly get message "brake light circuit" Brake light out see owners manual". I have had the sensor checked, the lights checked along with other things checked. No one has ever been able to find a cause for this message to be displayed nor have I ever had a brake light out. Until now. I noticed the brake light on the drivers side was out. I removed it and put it back in with a little wiggle. It was burned out. I bought two new bulbs, placed one in the socket and nothing. So I removed the passenger side light which was working, and tested it in the driver side socket. Nothing. So I took it out and replaced it back in its original passenger side socket. And got nothing???? What happened? Now I have no brake lights, even with new bulbs. In addition when I went to drive the car the gas indicator displays no gas and the gas light is on, the temp. gauge is not working, the cruise control is out, the buzzer that reminds me if I leave lights on is out. Also I have noticed that the gas indicator light, the engine light, abs light, and skid ctl. light, as well as the message center lights and clock are much brighter than they have ever been before and are not affected with the dimmer. They are so bright it annoying. This is just what I have found so far.

Am I having some sort of electrical circuit melt down, is it a fuse? What the heck is going on. I have done nothing unusual to the car, and up until now have had no real issues with the car. I would appreciate any help on this problem. How do I start to pinpoint the real problem here? Is there a list of things I should do in a certain order to figure out where the problem really is? I know if I take it to the dealer they will just charge me out the ass for a new circuit board or some such crap.

HELP PLEASE 38 views to this post and no one is willing to touch this problem with a ten foot pole. LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: