Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my new friend old 528i E12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 5 Series Member Cars

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hea

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: my new friend old 528i E12 Reply with quote

hallo all,

i live in turkey and buy last week this 1980 528i E12 from the custom with an auction.
the car was owned by a us. soldier who was stationed in the nato base here in incirlik / adana he left the car to the custom when he go back to USA.
car was standing still for about 9 years under sun and rain in free air.
it is ok besides little rust, stolen shift knob, stereo and the antenna even the tires where not flat.
the car started right away and i drove the car home about 980 km with just an oil and filter change but not faster than 80 kmh for caution.
the car is driving like it was parked yesterday i cant believe it but the engine is great it was little close but opened the more i drove it. i thing bmw got a big fan more now.
the car is getting a nice re paint, small fixes and maybe new chrome on the bumpers, lpg injection and a everyday friend Smile

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 5 Series Member Cars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: