Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Location of amplifier in Z3 (2002)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ballistica

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Location of amplifier in Z3 (2002) Reply with quote

My amplifier is on the fritz and BMW wants to charge me $1200 to get a new one...or...$500 to unplug the power to the amplifier. There is some sort of phantom leak of power from the amplifier so that if I don't drive the car for a week the battery is drained (but if I drive it every day it doesn't fully drain).

I need help locating where the amplifier is on a stock Z3 stereo (the base stereo that is not upgraded or premium and sounds like cr4p). Anyone know where it is so I can unplug the power to it myself. If it impossible to reach? I looked in the trunk and couldn't see it (wasn't immediately apparent).

COKen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is on the right side of the trunk. You will need to remove the trunk liner on the right to get access. On some years there is also another part on the left side, but I think if you unplug the unit on the right you get both.

Ken
georgeski

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a stock amp if you are interested. It's an alpine. It is very easy to switch over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: