Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTB Questions: 2004 330ci

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PandaE30

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: WTB Questions: 2004 330ci Reply with quote

You guys have always been so helpful to me when I have questions about my current car (89 E30 325ic), so this is the first place I turned to with some questions about her potential replacement...I am looking at a "new" (to me) car, pretty much narrowed it down to a BMW, there's not much else out there that interests me.

Right now I am looking at a couple E46's and one that really is getting my interest is an '04 330ci cab. It is a little more than I was planning to spend (my goal was low 20's - canadian), this one is $28k. However it has many positives that give me incentive to spend the extra dough...it's a 330, it's an 04 (the others were 02-03), and drum roll please - it has very low milage - as in under 30000km!! So I assume this means it is still under warranty?

I really like the idea that I could drive this car for a few years and if I ever get bored or tired of it, it should still have pretty good value with that kind of milage. I like that it means it hasn't been driven much and therefore not abused (one hopes!)

I went to the BMW dealership last night, but there were closing so I didn't get to start it, going back today or tomorrow. However these are the concerns lingering after looking at it:
- it looked low to the ground. It has 17" wheels on it and the sales man said it had sports suspension, but was not lowered. I do not want a modded car. I noticed looking at the other cars they all look pretty low, or have a body kit, so I guess I'm just used to my older version. Do you have problems with your cars bottoming out?
- it is at the back of the lot, behind a row of cars. Wouldn't a car this nice be out front if it isn't a lemon? In all fairness, they do have some of the nicest BMWs at this dealership, lots of M classes and of course '09s, but it wasn't even off to the side where I saw an '03. Should this be a concern?

Any other advise you wish to provide re:buying a used car will be listened to! I'm doing my homework, but want to go into this with eyes open
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: