Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying a used 325

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpotter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Buying a used 325 Reply with quote

Its time to buy another 325. My '93 was smacked from behind at a stop light. I will be looking for a 2000 to 2003 and was wondering if there are strengths or weaknesses in these model years. A dealer told me that the 2000 and 2001 years had an automatic transmission that has been troublesome. Of course the dealer only had a 2002 to sell. Any thoughts?
edjack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you want to consider an auto, when most BMW autos are troublesome, at best? A stick is much more enjoyable.

Find an indie BMW wrench to evaluate any car you are considering.

Ed BMW CCA member since 1987 (Nr. 62319).
'97 540i 6 speed Aspensilber over Aubergine interior.
rpotter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Buying a used 325 Reply with quote

Ed, Your right about a standard. My '93 was a standard. I also burned a clutch out in a 1.5 hour traffic jam on an up hill slope. It was my most difficult transmission to drop in order to replace the clutch. Life is full of compromises.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: