Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Z3 windblockers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is the Winged TopDown Windblocker worth the extra bucks?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

sloane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Z3 windblockers Reply with quote

What do you all think of the available windblockers for my 2001 Z3? I am talking about the clear lexan ones, with or without folding wings. What have you tried, and how well do the different brands work? Iam looking at the TopDown one but it is considerably more expensive( ~$241 ) than say the one from Z3Solutions( ~$112 ). I like it quiet but don't mind the wind. My wife doesn't like either the noise nor the wind. Will the cheaper unit do the job? Opinions, please. Dan

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
COKen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the mesh type wind blocker and like the fact that you can unzip it and get it out of the way when you don't need it. I have also heard that the lexan type can cause annoying reflections.
ArrestMeRed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also got the mesh velcro/zip, seat mounted deflector and it seems OK to me...

But then I'm a "wind in the hair, bugs in the teeth" sort of rider/driver.

Get your wife a black baseball cap with orange flames on it, works for mine. Cool
RadMan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Seat Mounted Deflector Reply with quote

ArrestMeRed,
Where did you get your seat mounted deflector. I just purchased a 1997 Z3 and I love it, but like the others said my wife hates the back draft of the wind.

ArrestMeRed wrote:
I've also got the mesh velcro/zip, seat mounted deflector and it seems OK to me...

But then I'm a "wind in the hair, bugs in the teeth" sort of rider/driver.

Get your wife a black baseball cap with orange flames on it, works for mine. Cool
ArrestMeRed

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dealer item... Here's what it looks like:

< http://www.roadfly.com/used-auto-parts/-1/posts/9_BMW/72_Z3_Parts/6601_BMW_Z3_WIND_DEFLECTOR_DIFFUSER_for_roadster_w_Rollbars_Like_New.html >

Here's one for a good price:

< http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-Z3-WIND-DEFLECTOR-FACTORY-NEW-ACCESSORIES_W0QQitemZ310086240270QQcmdZViewItem >
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: