Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Running Rich...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
theandyman05

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Running Rich... Reply with quote

I Just bought a 1998 z3 1.9L this week and im trying to iron out some bugs.. whenever i give it lots of throttle, it begins to misfire. i know this is because its running rich, but i need some help trying to fix this. Its showing up codes for the 02 sensor, Mass Air Flow, and Cam Position Sensor. Strangely, i replaced the cam position sensor, erased the code, and today it showed up again. my next guess is to replace the O2 sensor, but i dont know for sure and definately dont want to waste the cash if thats not going to be a good fix. the cam position sensor fix has stopped alot of the misfire, especially around idle and normal driving speed, but it still does it whenever i go full throttle or even half throttle in higher gears. any advice will help! (and no, i'm pretty sure its not the coil or wires or spark plugs..)

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: