Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

91 325i convert. parts car, m-tech2 body kit,app. 160,000m

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> BMWs for sale

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
n3kcb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: 91 325i convert. parts car, m-tech2 body kit,app. 160,000m Reply with quote

Hello,
This will be a long post, sorry.
Wrecked about 3 months ago. Daily driven 500 miles per week on the highway for 3 years before accident.

Pictures here:http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll309/n3kcb/

This car has a SALVAGE title. You are responsible for transporting it.
It starts, runs, and drives. It should be very easy to put on a trailer.

This is a parts car. It is sold AS-IS, no warranties, so read the description carefully.

I would like to get $900 cash for the car, but that is negotiable.
No checks.
Note: Speedometer head was changed shortly before car was purchased. Mileage at time of change was labeled on door jamb and total of two is around 155,000-160,000.

Here is what is good and bad:

Good:
Engine: runs very well, regular oil changes, a little bit of tick but nothing unusual, some oil leakage. Runs smooth and starts easy.
Timing belt, tensioner, water pump replaced about 60,000 miles ago. Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, hoses, belts, throttle body cleaned, valves adjusted, thermostat, oxygen sensor, intake and vacuum hoses, about 30,000 miles ago.

Auto transmission shifted great with no signs of trouble. Due for fluid change, Will include a new filter kit with it.

Rear brake calipers and rear rotors about a year old. All brake pads replaced annually regardless of condition and I have replaced the front rotors at least once, but not recently. Brakes stopped evenly and felt good.

Black BBS basketweaves are straight and have all center caps (curb rash and faded roundels, see below)
Tires have good tread (around 50%), not perfect but no dry-rot and safe to drive on.
Rear half of exhaust is about a year old.
Fuel pump is less than a year old. VDO pump exactly as original. It cost me $200. Has less than 5000 miles.
Good glass all around.
Good doors, although they should be refinished if used on a nice e30.
2 good front fenders. The right front fender on the car is toast, but I have an used replacement that I never put on. Both will need refinishing but are straight.
Rear KYB shocks have less than 5000 miles on them.

R12 AC still works (checked yesterday), although not as well as it used to. It would cool the car well after running for a while on recirc and get less than 40 degrees at the vents when over 80 outside. Sitting still, it does not work as well. Compressor still sounds good. I have never added refrigerant.

Convertible top motors are good (problem with the linkage, though)
All window motors are good except the right front.
Door panels ok
Front seats ok, some surface wear, but no rips or tears. Heaters still work.
Rear seat bottom was recovered before I got car. (rear seat back was not)

BAD:

Engine leaks oil. Threads on oil pan drain plug are damaged. A rubber washer seals it ok, but not perfect. Better off with a good used pan. Rear main seal leaking. Change the front and rear seals on the motor if you plan on using it. Easy to do while it is out of the car for a transplant. Not leaking horribly, but does leave it's mark on the ground.

Front shocks
Right rear quarter
Trunk lid
Hood (usable but probably not worth repairing).
Grill is gone.
Marker lights are either gone, destroyed, or given to a worthy e30 owner.
Right tailight is destroyed.
Third brake light lens is cracked and always has been.
Convertible top rear window is toast.
Convertible top and quarter window seals are not very good.
Top itself is decent but if you are going to go to the trouble, get a new one!
Aux cooling fan is destroyed.
Trip computer never worked and drained the battery when connected.
Problems with the electric top mechanism, but motors were good.
Right side power window likes to stop working if not used regularly. A bang on the door in the right spot would make it work for a while.
Rear bumper bar is probably a goner.
Carpet is shot,
Rear seat back is dry rotted at top like most.
Dash is cracked in a few places.
Wheels have curb rash and faded roundels, but are usable for a daily driver.

As for the M-tech2 kit:

Front and rear bumper covers are damaged. They may be repairable if you are creative, but I can't be certain. Front spoiler may be usable if refinished, but one of the mounting points on the bottom is broke off. The other piece is still on the front valence. The front valence behind the spoiler is bashed in more ways than one and should be consider scrap.
Rear bumper cover is damaged, also possibly repairable. All the side panels are in good shape except the left rear panel, which is missing the bottom tabs. The bottom clips that retain the rocker panel covers are broken but the covers themself are ok, M-tech door panels and the panels for the front fenders are ok. Most of the other hardware is intact.
All of the above will need refinishing to look good.

Consider this a parts kit to repair another one or make one from two.

I really loved this car (and still do) and it was my daily driver until someone rear-ended it.

The car had previous front-end damage a couple years ago that was not completely repaired. I replaced the fiberglass bumper bar (used part) and reused the m-tech bumper cover (damaged). The radiator support is bent and the right inner fender is mashed (straightened somewhat with a hammer) as well as the right front fender on the outside. I replaced the bumper shocks on the front as well (used parts also).

I straightened the above damage enough to make the car look less ugly and kept driving it until about 3 months ago. There were no handling or alignment problems as a result of this accident, mainly cosmetic. However the rad support would have to be replaced and inner fender straightened properly.

The rear end damage mashed the right rear enough to make repairs not feasible. Even then the car drove and handled the same as before the wreck since it hit above the bumper.
KirkG1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: have it? Reply with quote

still 4 sale?
$?
87 E28 535is 160,00 (just sold) =(
98 E39 528i sport 182,000
sold 97 E38 740i =(
2006 Envoy XL Denali
weekend toys-boat and RV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> BMWs for sale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: