Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Z3 Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brandon7219

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Z3 Questions Reply with quote

Hello, I am a current Volvo owner but I am very interested in the Z3, so interested that I have the money, just need to borrow a little bit, I have been looking on Autotrader and I found almost the perfect car for me.

I carfaxed it and found out that it has had 4 owners unfortunetly. And the current owner does not have the records from the previous owners. I am tempted to just take into a mechanic and have them check it out.

A couple questions i have though are:

The Z3 i am looking at is a 2001 3.0i manual. Lower then KBB price with its mileage.

- Reliability - How is the reliability of the 2001 Z3. Price of repairs if needed.

- Safety - I tried doing some research in this but i kept finding the "Not Tested" words for the safety. I did manage to find some company that said the injury rate was "excellent" compared to their standards.

- It was driven in New Mexico for 4 years with 2 owners, then 1 year with one owner here is CA, and the last owner only had it for 4 months. This seems kind of sketch to me. Why so many owners? Is there possibly something majorly wrong with the car?

- And lastly, for now, I've been getting different reports that this is and is not a comfortable car. I would like to know some more on what you guys think about it.

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
RouthD90

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2001 3.0 and I love it. it is quite comfortable but it does have draw backs due to its small size...like trunk size. Mine only has about 20k on it and I knew the owner....but its been flawless for what its worth

2001 Z3 3.0i
Dorkleheimer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes a dealer will decide to take the title, sometimes not. Was one of the owners a dealer?

Reliability - you are looking at a German engineered roadster. If you are worried about reliability, then you need to go look at japanese - Toyota or Honda car for ordinary people.

Safety - you are looking at a German designed roadster, very few with hardtop, and even if it has hardtop, insignificant safety benefit compared to convertible. If you want safety, go look at a Volvo.

"Majorly" is not in any dictionary, anywhere.

My 2000 2.3 is a very comfortable little machine. It goes on a little like a good leather glove. Go test drive one. If you want comfort, buy a Crown Vic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: