Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2005 E46 M3 with SMG and bad lurching problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
philrkelly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: 2005 E46 M3 with SMG and bad lurching problem Reply with quote

Hi

I'm new to this forum, and also a new (5-months) BMW owner, so be gentle with me.

I bought a 2005 M3 convertible second hand from a BMW main dealership and all was well, although over the past couple of months (since the weather started to cool down and get a bit damper) the car seems to have a problem.

When the car is cold, any movement within the first few minutes or so, going through 1st gear (and for the past 2 days) 2nd gear, has resulted in a really bad lurching of the car - embarassingly so in fact.

I took this in to another dealer yesterday who kept it in overnight so they could drive it cold. They just called me to say that the engineer had experience d the problem and that the computer stored no faults. They apparently then contacted BMW who have replied that this is caused by the warm up procedures in the engine, and this is simply a fact of life for M3 owners. The dealership says that therefore there is nothing they can do about this and that it is a common fault.

Has anyone else experienced this fault? Any suggestions?

Phil

edjack

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard the same complaint about SMG. When was the lube last changed?

Ed BMW CCA member since 1987 (Nr. 62319).
'97 540i 6 speed Aspensilber over Aubergine interior.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: