Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

battery trouble/audio system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mycin17

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: battery trouble/audio system Reply with quote

Hi Everyone...does anyone have any suggestions to my problem...I have a 04 325is with a high powered audio system in it....having a problem with my battery dying...proberly due to the system....does anybody know of any heavy duty batterys that will fit the car? any other solutions?
thanks for your time
mike

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
m78

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your sound system probably is not draining your battery.

it's likely an old battery, or a door or glove box ajar, or bad alternator, or alternator belt.

The Ultima battery is one of the better batteries out there: http://www.optimabatteries.com/publish/optima/americas0/en/config/product_info/automotive.html

Available at autozone, Sears etc.

I've always had good luck with Sears international die hard. other people swear by the BMW batteries. Depends on how much you want to spend.

However you should find the real cause of your battery drainage.

Top Speed 220 km/h

(OO=00=OO)
Soviet Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An 04 325is? the guy is in the wrong forum =)
When I had bad battery, hte car was stalling when I drove right away after starting. The batt was always low and used all power from the generator trying to charge.

Any battery should work wine anyway.
1) see if it's charging - use multimeter on battery with engine running,,, should be around 15+ wolts. (not sure if those new cars have violtmeters gauge in them)
2) see if it holds - check voltage with engine off. <12V =not good.
or screw all that just go to autozone and say you want to get your battery and alternator tested Very Happy
3) when you connect and disconnect ground terminal - is there a spark present? If yes, that means something is turned on.
3) to illuminate sound system try pulling the proper fuse out and see if it helps.

1988 325is | 199k+ | First car (now s52 powered) Cool
1992 Saab c900 | 200k+ | Winter vehicle
1982 Virago xv920j | 25k+ | Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: