Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gas prices down.....???

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tncean

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Gas prices down.....??? Reply with quote

...Must be, oh yes, why, its ELECTION time. Now ya'll just looky here, we's gonna take real good care of you. See?? We've been spending our extremely high profits on research, and we-uns fiound some more oil, and see, we're gonna cut the price down for you.....cause we CARE about each and every one of ......

If we leave Iraq now, why the insurgents will just take over, and give terrorism the foothold it needs to kill us all!

If we leave Vietnam now, the communist will just have a better foothold and......

911 911 911 !!!! Bet those war mongering jerks were sitting around in their well-furbished abodes, offices, yachts, and masturbating when those airliners hit the towers. OH MY GOD!! THE POWER!! THE POWER!!

Check out Bob Dylans' "Masters of War".

Peace....
Tncean
Smithy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who is this a dig at ???

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Only the dead shall no longer see war". Not sure which classic Greek (or maybe Roman?) wrote that. Perhaps I'm "tilting at windmills". This one insignificant person, shaking his head, just not able to comprehend why in the hell people can't just try and get along. I don't understand religions that say if you disagree with your neighbor, it's okay to kill them.

NOthing new. Same old stuff. Power over others. The incredible influence that the military/industrial complex has over mankind, all for the LOVE of money. Money is power, for most folks, on this earth. Why should so many suffer and die to only benefit the egos of a few?

I'm just astonished that the American voter keeps electing the same bunch of power trippers.

Evil wants power, and will cloak itself in rightousness to get it.

tncean
donaldan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Politics is power. Power is a two way sword. Without power one cannot govern - that means anarchy. Unfortuantely power also corrupts. That is why we have multi-party system to keep the power in check. Where one party system exists like in China, corruption runs rampant.
tncean

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be foolish to state we don't need governments, police, or military to protect us from ourselves. Maybe in the "next world" it won't be needed, but, in this one, we do.
There are "bad guys" out there.

Eisenhour repeatedly warned the American people of the huge influence of the military/industrial complex on our political and economic systems, our government.

Lets see, Think the Bush boys have any ties to "big oil"? How about ol' "sure shot" Cheney? Halliburton?

Rumsfield ("you'll go to war with what we send you to war with"), and his fellow minions were lurking around the white house in the Nixon administaration.

Go figure. Go vote.

tncean
Henry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blame it on the British. And why not? We were subjugated by the will of our former Imperial master We are rendered helpless to the muse of history. If the British hadn't thrown the Ottoman Turks outta Iraq we'd never be in this mess. If the British hadn't screwed with the Iranian state to monopolize their oil resources (see Winston Churchill for appropriate quote something that goes like..."We shall not lose this Persian jewel" circa 1951) then perhaps our lives would be simpler. Heck, I blame it on the League of Nations. And why not? I blame it on the Pharohs. And the French. However, the real blame here belongs to the British. That settles it. (if you are british please don't be offended...i eat your marmalade, wear your tweeds and speak your language) and (i used to smoke your pipes but had to give that up thank you verymuch)

ta ta

and all that
tncean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't tobacco a North American export? Used by natives, and all. Of course the Brits will exploit any ol' thing for a profit, or two. "The Opium Wars". That was a real jewel, too, I'd think.

Nothing really new. Same old stuff they taught you in sunday school. Power, lust, greed, love of money. Those stinking Phillistines, always messing things up. Gotta blame somebody, right?

tncean
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: