Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Independence Day

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Happy Independence Day Reply with quote

Happy Independence Day to all of us Lounge Types. Toward the interest and spirit of Knowledge, Freedom and Independence...I give us the Preamble to our Constitution! and the First Ten Amendments (written by Thomas Jefferson) to our Constitution (written by James Madison).

Unfortunately the 10 Commandments (written by God) are not to be found here. For that you might wish to look around your neighborhood. You might find them in a park, on a courthouse lawn, or in a bible. None of which has anything to do with Independence Day. Except of course in the first sentence of the First Amendment...(and I quote)...

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." (thank you very much)

So...show me the snowflakes or show me the sanctity and I'll show you a balony being represented as filet mignon. Still balony.

If Thomas Jefferson wished the first ten amendments to be the ten commandments he would have deferred to the 10 commandments. Since he did not defer to the 10 commandments we are left with that charlatan, Charlton Heston (is that his real name? I doubt it.) to give it to us on celluloid or on stone in front of a bus stop somewhere.

Of course, we would be much better served if those tablets of hypocracy (who amongst us hasn't made a boo boo now and then and then again) were replaced by the First Ten Amendments. thank u very much

So read Our Bill of Rights. Read our Preamble. And think about the perverts trying to prey upon the Ignorants amongst us in a Vain attempt to estabish a cryto theocracy in a place where one never was intended to exist. ((or if you like theocracy(ies) move to saudi arabia or afghanistan or disney world))

The Preamble to the Constitution

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense,[1] promote the general welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

And...

THE BILL OF RIGHTS
Amendments 1-10 of the Constitution
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Conventions of a number of the States having, at the time of adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added, and as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government will best insure the beneficent ends of its institution;

Resolved, by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, two-thirds of both Houses concurring, that the following articles be proposed to the Legislatures of the several States, as amendments to the Constitution of the United States; all or any of which articles, when ratified by three-fourths of the said Legislatures, to be valid to all intents and purposes as part of the said Constitution, namely:

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment III

No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Amendment VII

In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise reexamined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.
donaldan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to our forefathers for being wise enough to writing such important rights into our constitution. Am I correct that the United States is the longest continuoously existing republican form of democracy?
panzerkeil302

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also like to thank them for giving me a day when I can blow stuff up without being arrested.

Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: