Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Driving Less?

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henry

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Driving Less? Reply with quote

I'm just curious. Is anyone driving less?

Let me be the first.

I am.*

* I've made a conscious effort to reduce driving. Though because of no public transit where I live...still drive when I must and then some. But not as much as last week and as the week before.

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
scrat

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck ya. I have been working from hom for the past three days. I started and drove my car once. Which was today to go to the grocery store. My office is 40 miles away (one way). So if i can stay home and delegate the job, then thats what im gonna do. Saved on not driving 240 miles. At these prices thats a lot of money.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am already driving at a minimum distance every day. Working out of my home doesn't require daily office commute. Living in a small city, I probably average no more than 15 miles a day to run chores. Every three weeks or so, I take long trip out of town. I also fill up with cheapest gas at COSTCO and Wal-Mart.

Like millions of other people, the bad thing is we have already done all this saving schemes. There is nearly zero opportunity to do any better. Yes, I did buy a lightweight bicycle but the chance of using it regularly is minimum due to weather and time constraints. I figure if I can use the bicylce, I probably will lose an hour a day. Time is worth money and it just doesn't pay to use the bicylce. On top of it, bus service is too infrequent to make its use practical.

Use of private car is still the the only economical and locgical solution. Just have to make more money to pay for higher gas. And grin and bear.
Henry

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't let this happen. That is correct...We cannot let this happen.
Tune in next month.

Oil Prices Fall Below $69 a Barrel
By BRAD FOSS
The Associated Press
Wednesday, May 17, 2006; 3:03 PM

WASHINGTON -- Oil prices fell below $69 a barrel Wednesday after U.S. government data showed the domestic supply of gasoline rising for the third straight week amid stagnating demand.

"Perhaps the higher prices are having an effect on demand," said BNP Paribas Commodity Futures broker Tom Bentz.

Updated Financial Features
• Economic Calendar
• Earnings Calendar
• Upgrades & Downgrades
• Stock Chart Builder
Save & Share
Tag This Article

Saving options

Lending to the weakness in oil prices was a monthly report from OPEC, which slightly reduced its demand forecast for 2006 and predicted that the world's crude-oil supply cushion would rise significantly by the end of the year.

But oil prices are still about 40 percent higher than a year ago amid persistent market anxieties about the West's nuclear standoff with Iran, supply disruptions in Nigeria and the upcoming Gulf of Mexico hurricane season.

Light sweet crude for June delivery fell $1.33 to $68.20 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange, where gasoline futures slipped by more than 5 cents to $1.97 a gallon.

Shocked...Am absolutely shocked by this!

Consumer Price Report Shows Signs of Inflation
By Nell Henderson
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, May 17, 2006; 1:12 PM

Inflation picked up in April as consumers paid higher prices for gasoline, housing, clothing, medical care and other items, the government reported today.
e30_325es

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am, but that's because I am working at a different shop that is only 1.5 miles from my house. So that's sorta cheating.

86 325es The Super Eta.....
07 MCS The Daily
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: