Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

89 325ic For Sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> BMWs for sale

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcus Spiker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: 89 325ic For Sale Reply with quote

I'm selling my project car and I thought I might run it up the flag pole using this forum.

History: I purchased this car in Nov or 2005. I believe I am the 3rd owner. This is the 2nd E30 Cabrio I've restored in as many years. The purchase was negotiated over Ebay. The car has been garage kept most of its life life and has no rust any where with only one exception - the battery shelf (engine compartment) has some oxidation, otherwise no where else. I've been all through this car...no rust. Removing the battery and basic sanding, rust inhibitor application, priming, and painting will fix the problem straight away.

More: The car was involved in a minor front end fender bender with a Honda SUV which crumpled the hood. The previous owner was a young man that had only liability insurance and could not afford to fix it. After inspection I realized that the extent of the damage wasn't even what I would regard as minimal. A couple of pulls with a come along on the radiator cross support and locating an OEM replacement hood from a salvage yard was all it took to fix the issue. The hood was a perfect match (Cinnabar Red - excellent condition too!).

General Condition: The interior is close to perfect, no rips/tears. Leather (Black) excellent condition. Rear seat has what looks to be a cigarette burn (small hole - easily fixable). The rear seat back (top panel) has been replace at some time in the past (typical).

Exterior body panels exhibit some UV fade but only in the following areas(mirrors, drivers side door). Otherwise I can't believe how good it looks and just the overall condition is exactly what you want to start with when confronting a project car like this. It doesn't get much better than this. Minor paint scrape along right front bumper plastic (around bumper). Due to the fender bender. Easy fix. All chrome is nearly perfect.

Canvass top is in very good condition (minor fabric fraying around aft bottom piping) but at time of purchase the rear vinyl window was torn. I have since replaced the rear vinyl with a new panel and hand sewn it into place. It's not spec but its functional. As long as the car is garaged the top should last another 3 years.

Work done to date:

Suspension: New rear wheel bearings. New brakes/rotors/emergency brake. New front struts and rear shocks. New lowering springs (what a difference in handling!!!).
Looks good too! New center grill. New hallogen lamps.

New plugs, rotor cap/rotor, and a good used plug wire set. Oil change using Mobile 1 synthetic.

Cruise Control worked for a time but I suspect that the lever contacts need cleaned as it only works intermittantly.

Timing belt/tensioners/water pump were all purportedly R&R'd at ~135K. While I cannot confirm this, my inspection of the assessory belts confirmed that they were recently relpaced. Car currently has +155K miles. The seller could not produce reciepts for belt/tensioner/water pump work done but assured me that it was done. He did produce other documentation that indicated that the car was cared for. I rolled the dice and bought the car based on what he had in hand. I never looked back once I drove it home (~ 250 miles). The car ran and tracked perfectly.

Tires: 4 new spring tires (purchase date 06/2005), plus 4 snow tires (they look almost brand new -purchase date unknown).

AC works perfectly, full charge and holding.

If anyone should be interested in purchasing this car please call me, ask any question you like. OBTW...pic's available upon request. Send me an email using my email address and I will reply with the pics.

Marcus Spiker
Bedford IN
812.277.9231 or
812.797.8934 (cell) or
mspiker@ncsainc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> BMWs for sale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: