Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tires

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mif_slim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Tires Reply with quote

Okay, the season is around the corner for autoX...Im looking for performance tires that are DOT. I dont know what BMW guys usually run because the place I go to.. the BMW there are all running hoosiers and are lke super cars. Im just running in STX class and Im looking for the best performance tires for the lowest price IF permits and is streetable. Any suggestions?

Here are my options right now:

Falken Azines rt-615
Hankook Ventus z212
Khumo STP ( or something like )
( Im running on my stock wheels which are 15's, if not then Im looking for a size tha'll fit 16's **perfeably 225/45-16's)

Are there any more? also, what tire pressure you guys run at? Im currently running 36PSI frnt/38PSI back...still getting understeering thou.
Tom Olsson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check into prices on Toyo RA1's. It's a DOT R Compund tire. Pretty darn cheap, and a killer tire as long as you shave it.
07 335i, 91 318is, 87 325is race car #55 Pro-3
McK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to buy some Yokohama Neova AD07's this season, I think. For street tires, it received some good marks from TireRack and Grassroots Motorsports... that was all on the autocross track, but I'm going to try them for track days I think. ?? Not too cheap though, almost $190 a tire without a discount I get through a friend.

Also heard Bridgestone is coming out with a tire that would be SCCA legal, to compete with the Falkens. Don't know when it will be released.

"And also, let's not forget let's NOT forget, Dude, that keeping wildlife... um, an amphibious
rodent, for... um, you know, domestic... within the city. That ain't legal either."
mif_slim

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, just wanted to ask.. are the G-force tires good? I hear the WRX guys likes them....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Racing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: