Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

83 533 5sp 149K; NO RUST near Phila,Pa $1500 Drive It Home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> BMWs for sale

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomarocca

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: 83 533 5sp 149K; NO RUST near Phila,Pa $1500 Drive It Home Reply with quote

Very clean, straight, tight; and fast. 5 Speed with only 149K miles.

Ready to drive home or cross country. Fully gone through; gremlins excised.

This is the M30 3.3L Big Six engine; not the wimpy 2.7L Small Six engine.

This was a southern car; so has never seen salt or snow: NO RUST.

Moving to DC and must sell. I am taking my 633; need to sell the 533.

Purchased 2 years ago; since then gone though all of the major systems;

Serious end to end work; with major systems replaced/repaired as required.

Summary of Work Done and Status of Systems:

Body is dark purple, straight and not bent or rusted. Southern car; so it has never seen snow or salt.
NO Rust means NO RUST; see attached photos of the underside, wheel wells, and the spare tire well.
Only a small leak/rust spot in the front windscreen edge where the seal was leaking. (see photo)
Engine runs fine; just tuned up; new plugs, wires, and all sensors, hoses, connections cleaned/replaced.
Clutch and hydraulics fine; trans is quiet, shifts fine (except reverse); new BMW factory "short shift" kit.
(Replaced master cylinder; can not bleed it completely and get the clutch free enough to get reverse.)
Drive line redone: new rebuildable driveshaft by Portland Driveline ($500), guibo, bearings, mounts.
Front suspension is original; everything works; will pass inspection; needs new front struts if you drive hard.
Fuel system cleaned out; tank flushed, cleaned and fuel pump and controls cleaned and checked out.
Cooling system completely redone; new radiator, water pump, belts, hoses, thermostat, temp sensors.
Air conditioning is original; have not touched it; assume it should be cleaned and converted to R134.
Brakes are done and work fine; has new PS/PB pump, master cylinder and new front calipers/pads.
(New ps/pb pump shows it needs a brake accumulator pressure jar; $60 & bad afternoon to install.)
Electrical system completely cleaned and checked out; all solenoids removed, cleaned or replaced.
Lights all work; all bulbs, sockets, connections, and control circuits removed, cleaned or replaced.
Electric windows completely cleaned and checked out; door panels removed and tracks/gears cleaned.
Instrument panel was removed; cleaned. The tach and gauges work; speedometer is still sticking.
Interior is incredible: had seat covers all its life; so black leather is excellent; door panels are perfect.
Dash is cracked in the usual places: (remember this is a southern car) but dash caps are only $89.
Most of the headliner is fine; but this was a southern car and the rear quarter panel is sun burned.
Glass and deals are all fine; no cracks, leaks; could use new chrome trim strips to make it look new.
Includes original factory TRX 390 alloy wheels; clean, straight, no dents; and marginal tires.
These tires will get you home; but will not pass inspection; The new set of tires/wheels was just sold.
Lots of little stuff repaired/replaced: urethane alternator bushings, front hood struts/pistons, tail light assemblies/lens/gaskets….

Has clean title; but no current tags or insurance. So, you need temp tags to drive it away.

The Ultimate Driving Experience: Yes, I can test drive it; and you can ride along.

Have 30 high res photos posted at photobucket at:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v228/tomarocca/BMW%20533/

========================================================

The Deal: $1500 or Offer; $200 cash deposit; balance on pickup; no checks, or schemes.

Interesting Offers:

I have a 633; so if you have an 88-91 3.5 M30b with solid heads, #10 style wheels, or ???; let’s talk…

Car was bought and repaired in DC where I live; and is now parked at my brother’s garage near Phila.
Lower Bucks County; 30 miles north of Philadelphia on #95; Near Washington’s Crossing, Pa.

END

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> BMWs for sale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: