Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

worth the money?

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
austintyler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: worth the money? Reply with quote

i have been building up an 87 325is and I was wondering if a big bore throttle body would be a worthwhile upgrade for this car. I was also looking at changing out the M20 Maf with that of a big six M30 MAF and also replacing the M20 injectors with the M30 injectors. Are these upgradea reliable and worth the money?

I have IE shorty headers piped straight back to a free flowing dual inlet/outlet muffler, K&N filter, bavarian auto high performance ignition wires and chip.

Would these upgrades be complimented or compromised by the bigger throttle body, MAF, and injectors?

What mod is better?

Thank you very much.
dale

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: worth the money? Reply with quote

Don't bother with the injectors, but you can buy my used big injectors if you like.
I have used ones cause I tried it and it just made the car way way too rich, and _cost_ me HP.

I don't think the throttle body is a restriction, so I would leave that for later or last.
You don't have a MAF if you didn't put it on, the M20 E30 325i has an AFM. You can swap the 535i AFM in, but I don't know how much help it is.

A better mod for you at this point is a camshaft. A popular one is the 272 Shrick, if you don't mind the lumpy idle, go for a 280 degree cam.

After that you should consider _converting_ from AFM to MAF using something like the Split Second conversion kit.

If you want to do it, here is the writeup http://www.davelength.net/car/bigsix.html

Dale

[ 02-19-2005: Message edited by: dale ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Racing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: