Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your future BMW

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scpmarine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Your future BMW Reply with quote

What is your future BMW going to be? I plan on having the Z-4, I have always loved that car. Cant afford the Z-8. LOL.
JRS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Your future BMW Reply with quote

M5... period

JRS
jamminjames

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: Your future BMW Reply with quote

I will be happy to get a nice '90s 740i / 750i for the other half... But of course I would have to drive it when we go out together...
Now if I could get my ex-wife's made bad credit cleaned up...
James
Bavarian Weedeater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Your future BMW Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by JRS:
M5... period

JRS

agreed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
YK2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Your future BMW Reply with quote

E34 M5...I HATE THE NEW ONES...too many problems, they don't make them like they used to. I had an E46 330cic for three years
(Gave it back in October) It was in the shop for a total of 5 months out of the three years I had it!!!!!
At one point they even replaced THE ENTIRE ENGINE!!!
BD325ic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Your future BMW Reply with quote

I'm shooting for something completely different, a black, M3 convertible with the dove grey interior.
Cephas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Your future BMW Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by JRS:
M5... period

JRS

JRS is hooked on the Mmmmm's!

The new M5 is king though. An F1 inspired V10 making around or over 500 horses. And what's the redline? 8 or 9K?

INSANE

I can't graduate soon enough
JRS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Your future BMW Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cephas:

JRS is hooked on the Mmmmm's!

Drive one and you will be too... Own one and you will understand... Maintain one and you will know what a 'love-hate' relationship is all about...
kyshadetreebmw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Your future BMW Reply with quote

What are any of the specific differences between an M and regular E30 on the cost of maintenance?
kyshadetreebmw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Your future BMW Reply with quote

My next one? Hmmm.. I am tall and the E30 is almost too tight (closed in) for me. And am thinking of looking for a 5 series. Someone mentioned a 540 model. So that is a 4 litre what? Anyone have experience or info on those cars. Could anyone discuss which of the larger models are best recommended? I would be looking for some model that generally is less expensive but could be tuned and spiffed upwards.
JRS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: Your future BMW Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by KYshadetreeBMW:
What are any of the specific differences between an M and regular E30 on the cost of maintenance?
Mostly Engine and suspension. And keep in mind that the E30 M3 wasn't in mass production.

JRS
Roadstergal
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject: Your future BMW Reply with quote

I love a lot of the cars I've driven recently. The soon-to-come M2 looks awesome.

That being said - I'm quite happy with the cars I have right now. I plan on driving them into the ground. And I think they'll both last a while.
duffy325

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Your future BMW Reply with quote

I agree M2 looks good. Also an e46 m3 may be in the cards. I have to wait 2 more years to afford to insure one (i pay enough for my 325i as it is!) so by then a lower mileage example will be right in my price range
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: