Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

racing pictures

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dale

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: racing pictures Reply with quote

hey, let's talk about something fun, like racing!

This was at Portland Intl Raceway in early June 2003. I had a decent qualifying time, but I couldn't maintain the speed and fell back as the race progressed.

Lots of close racing, very very fun:

I was duking it out with this 240Z, he was faster in the straights, I was faster in the corners. He finally got tired of being behind me. Rammed me as he lost control of his car(understeer) from trying to take this corner at the end of the straightaway too fast.

I was pretty pissed as you can imagine.

Here is a shot of the damage. Very uncool of him.

Dale

[ 03-27-2004: Message edited by: dale ]

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
pup

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: racing pictures Reply with quote

is that the same car you just straightened out?
dale

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: racing pictures Reply with quote

yeppers! big project

got the fire suppression hooked up tonight and the rear quarter windows made out of acrylic/duraplex and installed. Ugly at the moment, but with some black paint it will look a lot better.

Dale
board_nerd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: racing pictures Reply with quote

Did you pull a NASCAR and punch him out after the race?
dale

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: racing pictures Reply with quote

Shoulda!!
JRS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: racing pictures Reply with quote

Did the 240Z guy apologize ?

JRS
bkbrouwer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: racing pictures Reply with quote

"Rubbin's racin', Cole"
dale

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: racing pictures Reply with quote

JRS: nope, but then again, our pit area is huge, if you don't know where someone is, it can be hard to find them.

BK: yes, the occasional dents are an expected part of racing.

Dale

[ 03-28-2004: Message edited by: dale ]
Cephas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: racing pictures Reply with quote

Was there a fine from the racing league? I don't really know the "rules" but I would assume that the other racers are liable for any major damage they cause like that, yes/no? A rub, or a small fender bender, no big deal, but he really bashed the side there!
dale

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: racing pictures Reply with quote

I think he got a fine for $50. "Avoidable contact" or something. That's it.
I could have avoided it also... by letting him pass a long time prior. It is club racing, and the trophy is worth maybe $10 at the end of the day, no prize money.

Dale
JRS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: racing pictures Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by dale:
.. It is club racing, and the trophy is worth maybe $10 at the end of the day, no prize money.

Dale

Yea, but there is "pride" money involved. It doesn't matter how huge the lot is, it's always good to search and find that person you want to say "Yo, sorry dude" to. The harder to find the better - it'll at least show that he made an effort to find you.

JRS
dale

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: racing pictures Reply with quote

JRS, you're right. I wish he would have.
Roadstergal
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: racing pictures Reply with quote

But if he hadn't hit you, we wouldn't have had an opportunity to see the Big Tree Dent Fix!

scpmarine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: racing pictures Reply with quote

WEll it looks like you can start a demolition derby car now. Always, have to look at the good side of things. (like the other side of your car) LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: