Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Front Brakes on '98 740i, Help!

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yeehawbob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Front Brakes on '98 740i, Help! Reply with quote

hi,
I am not sure if anyone even comes to this board but maybe the moderators can help.
Please let me know if there is any place that I can get step by step instruction to replace the brakes on my '98 740i?
Or should I be even thinking about doing it my self. I have a 3 series that I did the change with ease.
Thanks
Bob

dale

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Front Brakes on '98 740i, Help! Reply with quote

Hi Bob,
If you did it easily on a 3series, you'll find the 5 and 7 stuff very familier, just larger.
Go for it.

Dale
edjack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Front Brakes on '98 740i, Help! Reply with quote

What vintage 3-series? Did it have fixed calipers? The E38 has floaters, just a little different.

Do you have a history of wrenching on cars? If so, buy the BMW TIS. There is info on your car.

The E39 5-series is similar, and Bentley's has a 2 volume manual for it. Consider buying it.
dale

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Front Brakes on '98 740i, Help! Reply with quote

Ed,
Good point about the vintage. The E30 and E36 have floating, but the E21 has fixed, right?
Our '80 528i had fixed as well.

Dale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: