Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Would you pay to send E-mail?

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cephas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Would you pay to send E-mail? Reply with quote

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/internet/03/05/spam.charge.ap/index.html

I think some people just can't get enough money....

Or maybe it's a good idea to keep spam down?

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
ExemptX2000

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Would you pay to send E-mail? Reply with quote

Supposedly, we pay for the spam anyways... I read somewhere that the increased rates of all these ISPs is because of spam... It bogging down servers ect... Yet I have an AOL account, I have 5 screen names, 2 I used to register to various places, 2 I have setup with a profile, and one I dont use nor have a profile, there is no way anyone but me and AOL knows about that name... And I still get spammed... I guess u can see where im going with this...

Oh but no I wouldnt pay for email... Maybe my business account, but thats it... And its thru my website which I already pay for, I havnt read that link yet, im about too, but I dont think my business email would apply, probably talks about ISPs charging for email...

[ 03-05-2004: Message edited by: ExemptX2000 ]
Greenhornet84

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Would you pay to send E-mail? Reply with quote

Hey Guys(& Gals)
I don't get Spammed. My wife did at a murderous rate. Eventually she just closed her accounts and uses mine now. Why don't I get Spammed?
1) Norton Anti Virus...whole package costs about $29 a year
2) AD Aware, available as a download. Every week I lose about 2500 Cashe files and 60 cookies a week
3)I clean my machine every week.
4} I usually only go to business or car nets, but if you are interested in more lurid markets, set up a seperate e mail account. I have Popup stopper but find that it'i not taht effective.

Bottom line is: If I clean my machine every week and find 2500 items that should be removed, when was the last time you cleaned yous and how much crap is in there?
Mark
ExemptX2000

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Would you pay to send E-mail? Reply with quote

Lucky I guess... I tried all of the above and no luck yet... I have an email registered to my website that ATM dosnt get spammed... But that will change soon im sure...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: