Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FS: 1998 328is

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> BMWs for sale

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kutch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: FS: 1998 328is Reply with quote

I thought this day would never come, but I can almost see an “M” in the very near future. Before that happens I need to sell my ‘98 328is 5-speed. It is Artic Silver with black interior and has the Luxury package with the 6 CD player in the trunk, traction control, dual climate, -Ok, basically everything BUT heated seats.
Since my ownership I have installed a CAI ( I still have the OE airbox), Supersprint Exhaust and a BMW X-brace which was standard on the rag tops to aide in stiffening the chassis. As of last year I installed Bilstein heavy duty shocks & struts along with H&R OE Sport springs. All suspension points (rear shock mounts & front strut bearings) have been upgraded to M components and the BMW OE support plates where installed front and rear at that time as well. A “metal” water pump was installed ~7 months ago along with the aluminum water pump housing and radiator hoses and both belts. The fuel filter and transmission mounts where replaced about the same time
Within the last ~6 months I have had the front calipers, rotors and brakes replaced. The windshield was replaced with OE glass about 3 months ago. As of this Friday (11/5/04) the ball-joints are being replaced with Meyle heavy duty ball joints at the dealership.
I have all records, I also have the previous owners records as well, -all chronologically dated and in order in a binder. I have done a “Car Fax” and have that report available as well. The car has never been tracked, smoked in or just plain driven hard. I’ve got 120K on the OD right now, which is from 60 highway miles a day back and forth to work. All fluids are synthetic, Motor oil has been Mobil 1 5w-30 changed every 6000 miles along with Mann oil filters, transmission and final drive have been Red Line products and the brake fluid has been ATE Super Blue. I burn either Sunoco 91 or Mobil 92 octane fuel and have been recording between 33-34 MPG on the highway and ~25-27 in town. In preparation for the winter I JUST (last week) purchased two Nokian Hakkapeliitta Rsi snow tires for the rear, the fronts have Nitto all seasons. (http://www.nokiantyres.com/passengercars_product_en?product=610499&name=NOKIAN+HAKKAPELIITTA+RSi)

In conclusion this car IS great, the ONLY way I’d ever even think of selling it is if I found something comparable and even more potent, -which I have. The car just passed NY state inspection and I would be more than happy to take the time to show the car to anyone who is serious and knows these cars for what they are. The Ultimate Driving Machine!

Larry Kutcher
Patroon Chapter BMW CCA
Saratoga Springs, NY
lkutcher@accumetrix.com
kutch_L@juno.com
PS: I can sell the car as is which would include BMW OE clear lenses and another set of rims and tires. The rims are the LTW FORGED 17” rims from the M3, rear tires are Yokahama AVS Sports 245/40-17 and the fronts are Falken GRb 225/45-17 which are almost new. Either way… (with these items left to stay plus all the US spec lights and LTW rims & tires) OR (I can return the car to the amber lights and sell the rims separately)…

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> BMWs for sale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: