Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fuel consumption meter ('88;E34;5251;M20)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 5 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
henryw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 10:23 pm    Post subject: Fuel consumption meter ('88;E34;5251;M20) Reply with quote

Hey guys I have a problem with my fuel consumption meter [the one under the rev counter on the digital dash] The story goes it will work fine some of the time and other times it won't, for no reason it will just malfunction. When it malfunctions it will go to 0L/100km when accelerating or just moving along (any speed)and wont change from this position Until you come to a stop when it returns to idle, then the needle will creep back past 30L/100km - like it should do. It has been doing this for years and I just havent had time to fix it, but now I do and I would be most greatful if anyone can shed some light onto this problem. fualty sensor(location); dsh malfunction; obc misread.??? THANKS HENRY
edjack

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 6:57 pm    Post subject: Fuel consumption meter ('88;E34;5251;M20) Reply with quote

I believe that this gauge is just a lowly vacuum gauge. As such, it may be that the hose that feeds it is rotten.

Its readings, as far as I can tell, are essentially meaningless. If it bothers you, cover it up with black tape.
henryw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2001 5:47 pm    Post subject: Fuel consumption meter ('88;E34;5251;M20) Reply with quote

Thanks thought that might be the case you can tell me where the pipe is exactly it an M20. I just like to have things working as normal. Anyway thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 5 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: