Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A/M/S Transmission Switch Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 5 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
traveler57

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 5:37 pm    Post subject: A/M/S Transmission Switch Problems Reply with quote

I have a 95 540i. The A/M/S switch does not seem to work. It will not switch to the S (sport) mode at all. In the M (manual) mode, the display shows "M", but then the car is stuck in 4th? gear. Also, I cannot manually shift into 3rd, 2nd, or 1st with the shifter. Otherwise, the A (auto) mode in Drive works fine.
Any ideas, before I take it to the dealer for repair? I don't want to get "scammed" into a new (ie. expensive) transmission.

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
traveler57

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 6:19 pm    Post subject: A/M/S Transmission Switch Problems Reply with quote

Thanks. I am getting my Bentley manual this week. The console looks easy enough to take apart. And being new to BMW ownership, going to the dealer for repairs seems worse than the dentist.
I'll clean the switch and let the forum know if it works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 5 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: