Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dual Climate Control Unbalanced

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> X Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
X5Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Dual Climate Control Unbalanced Reply with quote

My 2001 X5 has developed a problem with the dual climate control A/C. The passenger side air is always much warmer than the driver side air no matter what the A/C settings or temperature settings. My BMW dealer is at a loss and is going to try to get help from a higher BMW power. Anybody else experience this and/or have a diagnosis? Thanks.

smokinwheels

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Dual Climate Control Unbalanced Reply with quote

did you find a solution, I am going through the same problem with my X5. The dealer is at a fix here too. They changed the water valve but it is still the same. Is your's fixed? Let me know how. thanks

[ 08-08-2005: Message edited by: smokinwheels ]
X5Guy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Dual Climate Control Unbalanced Reply with quote

Well, it seems to be fixed. It seems that the refrigerant level was a little low. When they charged it to the proper level it seems to be properly balanced on each side. This was after they mischarged the A/C system at first due to a faulty charging system (leaking fitting on their equipment). I am not sure if that was the true problem or it just happened to start working again, since the problem seemed intermittent at first anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> X Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: