Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dale, how do you like the X5?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> X Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedBaron86325

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Dale, how do you like the X5? Reply with quote

I've been looking to maybe sell my Chev truck. I don't necessarily want to get rid of the truck bed, but the rest of the truck is pretty much huge and bulky. I was just wondering how you liked the X5 and just how much stuff can you fit in the back? Obviously, from Roadster's picture post on another thread, it is plenty of capable of towing a decent size trailer (I don't necessarily need that), but it is nice to know.

Basically, any complaints? minor issues to aware of? Not that it is much of a concern, what is the average fuel mileage?

Thanks.
dale

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Dale, how do you like the X5? Reply with quote

Fuel mileage with the 4.4l:
constant 40mph, over 30mpg
constant 50mph, high 20s
constant 60mph, low 20s
constant 70mph, aprox 20
constant 80mph, aprox 18.5
Around town, stop&go, highway, 18mpg.

I like it quite a lot, with no major complaints.
If you don't like a stiff ride, don't get the sport suspension. It's as stiff as my old E36 M3 was. I don't mind it, so it works for me.
The interior color on the interior door handles doesn't seem to last very well...

I love the torque of the V8, at 50 or 60, just stomp the gas and get pushed back in the seat. It will snap your head back if you're not careful.

Plenty of good deals to be had on 2001 X5s in Texas with over 50k miles on them:
http://motors.search-desc.ebay.com/white_X-Series_W0QQcatrefZC6QQfromZR10QQfromZR9QQfromZR9QQsacategoryZ15282QQsamotorscategorymapZ6001QQsocolumnlayoutZ3QQsopostalZ98126QQsosortord erZ2QQsosortpropertyZ2QQsotextsearchedZ2QQstateZWashington
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2485609220

With the rear seats folded down, I hardly ever carry passengers, there is quite a lot of room. I don't know exactly how much, and the interior on mine is a light color, so I need to get some more protection back there before I start piling junk in.

Dale
dale

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: Dale, how do you like the X5? Reply with quote

I'm using it to its rated tow capacity of 6,000 pounds.
3,000 for the trailer, 2,400 for the car, 600 pounds misc track stuff.

Towing on flat highway, 12 or 13mpg
Towing through the mountains, 9mpg

Dale

[ 07-28-2004: Message edited by: dale ]
RedBaron86325

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Dale, how do you like the X5? Reply with quote

I drove one yesterday. I know what you mean about the 4.4L.

Before I decide, I also want to drive a 3.0L/5speed.

Everyone I've talked to seems to be very happy with them. I think I'll end up picking one up pretty shortly.

I also want to check out an X3. I doubt I'll get one, but the prices are quite low right now and will probably continue to fall in a month or so when the new model year hits the showroom. I won't do a lease deal, but they are leasing them right now for $299/mo. With two pre-teens, soccer, football, hockey, skate park, basketball, etc...I think an X5 would be better suited for my wife.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> X Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: