Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing Turn Signal Bulbs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> X Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBirdDaddy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Changing Turn Signal Bulbs Reply with quote

Greetings -- I'm trying to change the drivers side front turn signal bulb on a 2001 X5 3.0 Sport w/ HID lights. Being a BMW, I know it's more complicated than it really should be, but - It looks like I need to remove the entire light assembly to access this bulb? Is this the case?

Your assistance and input would be appreciated. Thanks.

[ 04-22-2004: Message edited by: BigBirdDaddy ]

edjack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Changing Turn Signal Bulbs Reply with quote

The Owner's Manual shows how it's done.
BigBirdDaddy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Changing Turn Signal Bulbs Reply with quote

Ed:
I will quote from the manual under the heading "Turn Signal Indicators/side lamps"

"Please contact a BMW center in case of a malfunction"

I am trying to avoid having to pay them an extraordinary amount to replace a bulb, but if that's the only way it can be done...
partbmw

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Changing Turn Signal Bulbs Reply with quote

the reason they advise taking it to the dealer, is that you have to remove the headlight assembly and if you brake anything your out $1600 Cdn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> X Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: