Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1996 Electrical Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saltwedge

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: 1996 Electrical Problems Reply with quote

I have a 96 M3 that spent most of its life in the Carribean where crappy electricians messed with things (spliced wires, mismatched fuses, etc.). My right front corner light and right tail lights do not work. Checked fuses (OK) and bulbs (OK) and voltage (not OK)... getting less than 1 V instead of 12.5 with lights on and car off. The blinkers and all other lights work though. What could it be? What can I do? I have a digital multimeter that I've been using but I do not want to rip the car appart chasing those wires to find the problem. I have the Bentley book with wiring diagrams and I've replaced all fuses correctly but no luck.

LM
comanr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: 1996 Electrical Problems Reply with quote

hy there looks that i had same problem with my 520i touring this is what i could do :

U have to take (for low and high beam ) 2 relay's (used in any other car) and u should take the 12v from your side that works ,you can add extra fuse if u like.

For left ,right signals is a little complicated as u nedd to unmount the harness in the car .

u can do this also for brake signals and u dont need any relays there.

Remember this is a compromise solution and u should apply it if u don t have money for expensive harness repair but sincerely i think your problem is not harness. check carefully ground wires,relays,and dont hurry ,take it easy.
wish u luck, bye
nightkrawler4174

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: 1996 Electrical Problems Reply with quote

hey bro, when you say right front corner i assume blinker/corner. so your saying that the corner light will blink but not turn on with the headlights? and no light's at all work in the rear?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: