Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Watch Tire Rack Warranty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbrub2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:54 am    Post subject: Watch Tire Rack Warranty Reply with quote

A new set of Kuhmo Ecsta 712 were installed on my 89 M3 in May 2002. After about 4K miles the rear tires began to be real noisy...in fact I thought I had a wheel bearing going bad. I put the spare on and the noise changed so I began looking at the tire. When I rolled it on a flat surface you could see a periodic wear pattern. Wheel balance, shocks, rear toe, and tire inflation were in spec but both rear tires had a harmonic wear pattern that caused the noise. I called Tire Rack (where I bought the tires) and was told that they were not covered under warranty and that either my driving habits or the car was what caused the problem. Even though the Kuhmo warranty is listed as 3 and 1/2 stars on their web site their "Customer Service Rep." told me that I would have had to complain within 90 days and even then only of the tire was confirmed to be "out-of-round" would I have a valid warranty issue. While I liked the performance of the Kuhmo's I am real dissapointed in the service of Tire Rack. I wanted to pass this on to anyone considering buying tires or wheels from the Tire Rack. Beware. You might be better off purchasing from a local tire dealer who will probably match Tire Rack prices anyway and who will be more responsive to any problems that show up. I have bought a number of tire from the Tire Rack but it seems that they are more interested in profit than the consumer. I would be interested in hearing if others have had problems with Tire Rack.
E30FreakInVegas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: Watch Tire Rack Warranty Reply with quote

I know this thread is older than dried snot, but I had to bring it back. TIRE RACK BLOWS!! I ordered rims and tires from these jack-offs via their website and was quoted that the products were in stock, their exact price, and the EXACT shipping price. I click and pay on the web, and I get my CC statement, and these bastards charged my card AGAIN for an extra $250 in ship charges!! Over the phone they play dumb, and the receipt is all but in Chinese writing and hard to see the charge breakdown. You use their website, pay for the items, then they take your CC #'s and ding you for more a second time with no authorization. I had to practically bl*w the CC company to get this removed, and Tire Rack called me for over two weeks.

This company sucks. BEWARE.
shorter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:05 am    Post subject: Watch Tire Rack Warranty Reply with quote

I find the tires I like on tire-rack then have my local shop (discount tire) match price, order, and free install...

I do get hit for shipping ($14) but its still free installation. Thanks for the advisory post (cc hit twice)
KevinBrown

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Watch Tire Rack Warranty Reply with quote

I like Discount Tire too. Have been buying from them since 1975 in Michigan and now in Arizona.
shorter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject: Watch Tire Rack Warranty Reply with quote

-sig photo test-
shorter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Watch Tire Rack Warranty Reply with quote

test
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: