Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

97 M3 how to fog lights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jessesun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:15 am    Post subject: 97 M3 how to fog lights Reply with quote

hi everyone-
thanks for your help on this one. i've got a 97 M3 and needed to replace one of the bulbs (driver side), but was unsure of the best way to go about this. can anyone give me proper instructions on how to replace fog lights? i believe i need the "55W H1 bulb." if this is incorrect, please let me know. thanks.
DaveB

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:07 am    Post subject: 97 M3 how to fog lights Reply with quote

It's very difficult to explain this one. You really need to see the mounting bracket, it's obvious then. Here goes anyway:
You need to find a small hole in the front valance, just inboard of the fog light, and about 1/4 inch below the top edge of the light.
Insert a flat bladed screwdriver into this hole with the blade vertical (| instead of -). The screwdriver needs to be pointing slightly towards the outer side of the fog light.
Feel about until you the screwdriver is resting in the forked released lever, and gently but firmly push toward the rear wheel. The fog light will pivot out about it's outboard edge.
Hope that helps.
jessesun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: 97 M3 how to fog lights Reply with quote

thanks- i appreciate the help.

jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: