Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E46 M3 - Looking for a jack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carsnparts

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 8:26 am    Post subject: E46 M3 - Looking for a jack Reply with quote

Have just acquired an E46 M3(SMG II) and, of course, no spare and no jack. Will the standard e46 jack, (as supplied with the 325i, 330i) fit?
The M3 has the four hard rubber mounting chocks under the rocker panels which, I asume, would accept the jack. I just can't stand the idea of travelling w/o a jack!
There's only 5" of clearance. Will the std. jack go down that low?
Thanks for any input!

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
01ImolaM3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:36 am    Post subject: E46 M3 - Looking for a jack Reply with quote

Why do you need a jack when you dont have room for a spare?
carsnparts

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 5:00 pm    Post subject: E46 M3 - Looking for a jack Reply with quote

Are you so naive to believe that "roadside assistance and your friendly BMW dealer" are always going to make everything well in a matter of minutes or at most and hour or two? Don't you ever change brake pads or bleed your brake fluid? Have you tried getting to the drain plug to change your oil...Or do you believe everything BMWNA tells you about how the synthetic oil will last for 15,000 miles? Additionally, what would happen if a tire had a catastrophic failure that the "Mobility Pack" couldn't inflate? For those who care, I have obtained a jack from an E46 3-series and it does work. The only problem is finding adequate support places for jack-stands due to all the belly pans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: