Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cant get it in gear....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 3:08 pm    Post subject: cant get it in gear.... Reply with quote

recently purchased a z3 M roadster from a guy in Colorado....2000....sweet car....but recently when the clutch is depressed ALL the way I can't get it to go into first gear...and sometimes when the clutch is in and in gear the car will creep slightly.

It has a quick shift kit (manufacturer unknown) along with something to make the clutch quicker as well. The dealer is telling me that I need a new clutch...ouch...$1200 installed.....any ideas of what I might be able to check ahead of time...dont want to have to eat a new clutch....the ink is barely dry on the bank statement as it is!

let me know....regards, Herb
edjack

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 10:12 pm    Post subject: cant get it in gear.... Reply with quote

What is this "something to make the clutch quicker"?

It sounds like there is something that is keeping the clutch from disengaging. It may be that the car had a clutch delay valve, and it was removed (I thot that only the V8s had one). But, whoever removed it may not have properly bled the clutch hydraulic circuit.

The only way to do it is to dismount the clutch slave cylinder, and stroke it fully several times, letting it out slowly. Make sure the reservoir is full of fluid before you do it.

Worth a try.
jdm3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 4:42 am    Post subject: cant get it in gear.... Reply with quote

perhaps a clutchstop that is not adjusted correctly ??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: