Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Considering an E-46

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rld777

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 8:05 am    Post subject: Considering an E-46 Reply with quote

Howdy,

I am considering an e-46 model to replace my early e-36 325i. I would probably consider only a 323 or 325 5-spd with the sport package. What are "known" problem areas to watch out for? Are there things to consider or years to avoid? I enjoy my e-36 however it has cost a small fortune to keep up with maintance--I would rather put the money toward a newer car. Thank you for your help!!
Bobcat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 9:11 am    Post subject: Considering an E-46 Reply with quote

I have 36k on my 99 323 with no problems.
Except I don't love the ideal that BMW uses soft rotors and hard pads. (good braking) but you have to replace the rotors when the pads run out. Not the cheapest brake job even doing it yourself. My 2 cents.
Bobcat
jerrybear

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 1:24 pm    Post subject: Considering an E-46 Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this is off-topic or not, but i've been looking for a late model e36 and am seeing a lot of e46 '99 323i's for sale, but not a lot of 98 328i's. There are so many '99 323's for sale i'm beginning to wonder if there is a problem with them. Anybody have an opinion?
W604275

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 3:23 pm    Post subject: Considering an E-46 Reply with quote

Hi

I've just bought an E46 ('99 323 SE auto, with Steptronic) here in the UK and can honestly say it's the best car I've ever owned (including 20-odd brand new ones of 'other' makes). Quiet, refined, great dealer service and with a build quality second to none. I'm not saying 'buy one', but my experience to date has been good. Also, if you buy only one option, make it the leather..!

Good hunting...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: