Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Mods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rock_BMW

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 8:12 am    Post subject: Best Mods Reply with quote

new to the Board. What mods would the group recommend for an '01 325i.

Dinan, TMS, AA?

Let me know what your experiences are.

The Rock

Irish

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 8:56 am    Post subject: Best Mods Reply with quote

What kind of name is The Rock?

Best mods are designed around what you want to get out of the car. chips and programs are good but your best bets are to start with the mechanics and engineering. Improve air flow/intake and reduce back pressure with a free flow exhaust.

Take a look at the most popular sites; they're the most popular because their products are time tested and the users of the product appreciate what they paid versus purchased. Look at TMC, UUC, AA, etc.

Remember, more speed needs better brakes, suspension, etc.

Finally, weight the costs versus the end result. You may be better off finding an M3 that has most of these items.

Good luck

By the way, how much for your car?

Irish
jmillet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 6:11 pm    Post subject: Best Mods Reply with quote

The most cost effective performance enhancing modification you can make to any car is improve the driver's skills. BMW CCA conducts Driver Education programs that cost between $100 and $300 and are worth more than any hardware or software modification I know of. I discovered that my limiting factor was not my Bimmer but me, the driver.

Jim Millet
BMW CCA Instructor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: