Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

328 Rain Sensing Wipers - problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hsv5000

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 9:34 am    Post subject: 328 Rain Sensing Wipers - problems Reply with quote

These things are really starting to p___ me off. They are all over the place as to their wipe schedule. If I leave my wipers on "rain sensing mode" all the time and the car has been switched off then back on, they do not work. I have to switch wipers off, then back to rain sense mode. Then sometimes as it does it job of wiping the water off the windscreen they start wiping faster when the windscreen drys up. Another problem is that the intermittancy (is that a word) is too delayed (and that is at maximum sensitivity level). This usually happens if I am stopped at the lights. Anyone else have same problems
Ewing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2001 10:52 am    Post subject: 328 Rain Sensing Wipers - problems Reply with quote

I have a 2001 330i and have the same madening (is that a word?) problem. It is very frustrating I know what you mean. When it starts raining i always have to set it off and back on again >:(
hsv5000

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2001 11:33 am    Post subject: 328 Rain Sensing Wipers - problems Reply with quote

I shall try, thanks

http://www.octemple.com/cgi-bin/ubb/Ultimate.cgi
mig3210

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 3:38 pm    Post subject: 328 Rain Sensing Wipers - problems Reply with quote

I have a 99 328i and the same thing occurs. Sometimes it has worked automatically where as soon as it senses rain they'll turn on but most of the time I have to turn the intermittent knob once and then they'll work as advertised. I don't know if this is normal but that's all I've experienced.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: