Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doughnuts/Burnouts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ewing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2001 1:45 pm    Post subject: Doughnuts/Burnouts Reply with quote

I know some will think i'm nuts for doing them and/or think this is a stupid question but I was curious. I have a 330i steptronic and was wondering what are the dangers if any to the car for doing doughnuts. The young guys around here can understand, the older ones, hey, remember your wild youth. (i'm 22)
BimmerSpeedInc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2001 11:16 am    Post subject: Doughnuts/Burnouts Reply with quote

EWING - it's perfectly ok to do this, as to why, well it's your car, go for it!

First suggestion, whatch your RPM's. Your car has a rev limiter, but no sence sitting there for 30seconds hitting it.

If you want "burnouts" around every turn, simply switch off your DSC button, and your all set. DO NOT TRY ON BUSY ROADS, go find an EMPTY parking lot or some place safe from other drivers if this type of driving is needed.

*CAUTION - BSI does not in anyway promote this type of driving, it can be deemed unsafe to car occupatnts and other drivers on the road... Drive Safe!*
Ewing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2001 4:59 pm    Post subject: Doughnuts/Burnouts Reply with quote

Ok, thanks man...I thought there might be some damage to the drivetrain or something. Don't worry, only empty parking lots with friends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: