- Gray Market Goodness: 500E, 190 2.3-16, and CTR2
- Volkswagen Corrado, Affordable, Fun, Collectible
- A few nice custom 930 Porsches, sublime or ridiculous
- 1984 BMW 323i Pickup
- 1987 Mercedes 300 Wagon with AMG 6.0 litre twin cam motor
- 4 BMW M1s for the 4th of July
- Please Welcome Evan as the Newest Author on GermanCarsForSaleBlog.com
- Chuck’s Black on Black e28 M5 is Back on the Market!
- 2 Unique Mercedes 77 450SEL Estate, 91 Koenig 300CE
- 1990 Porsche 964 For Sale in Santa Rosa
- Frank:Yeah that was exactly I was tr
- Jim:That RUF car has been for sale
- Evan:Great point out Frank on the 5
- Dan:Interesting background on the
- Frank:In regard to that Euro 500E po
- Dan:No doubt I thought about it fo
- Shane Mustoe:Very cool wagon. I wonder if
- Jim:The Kremer car looks very well
- Evan:You got exactly what I was goi
- Jim:The Kremer car is well done an
- BMW 2002 with Dual Webers, 5 speed, LSD, and Genuine Alpina Wheels (01-21-2009)
- Volkswagen Corrado, Affordable, Fun, Collectible (07-27-2009)
- 1993 BMW e34 M5 For Sale: A 59k Mile Steal! (07-09-2008)
- Very Low Miles 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo on eBay (08-11-2008)
- 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo with Low Miles For Sale in Gray on Black (10-10-2008)
- Strong e28 BMW M5 For Sale in New Mexico (06-09-2009)
- 1987 Porsche 928 S4: 5 Speed and Black on Black – This is Rare! (09-22-2008)
- 1995 BMW 540i M-sport Dinan V8 6-speed blk/blk For Sale (10-17-2008)
- 1987 Mercedes 300 Wagon with AMG 6.0 litre twin cam motor (07-08-2009)
- 2001 Audi S3 Euro-Import: Be the King of Your Audi Club! (10-11-2008)
There really isn’t much to say about this eBay oddity, other than it has to be overpriced.
The seller says:
Only 2 cars were authorized by BMW to be custom modified to pick up version.
I’d like to know more about what exactly that means. I’m not sure I can see the fine folks in Bavaria back in 1984 thinking “You know Rolf we really need to compete with the Subaru BRAT segment”.
It has some nice goodies from Hartge and Schrick, but I really can’t explain what they were going for with that paint job.
If this can really be documented as a factory BMW project its rarity might give it some added collector value. It is going to take a special someone to want to take this one home at $25k. Besides, I know Mercedes already locked up the German El Camino (or would that be Die Straße) bragging rights. Below photo from my archives.
- 3 BMW e21 323i For Sale Listings: When Did These Become Valuable? These little 6 cylinder, gray market import BMW’s are coming...
- Is This The Cheapest Alpina For Sale in the U.S.? 1984 BMW Alpina 2.8 B6 For Sale Supposing this turns out to be an actual 1984 BMW...
- Please Welcome Evan as the Newest Author on GermanCarsForSaleBlog.com Evan answered my cry for help in the last post...